Reminder: Register now for Wednesday’s ASA VIP Forum (COVID-19)
Association leader believes forum will provide insight into how repair shops can survive now & position themselves for future success.
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TEXAS April 28, 2020 – Understanding the challenges the auto repair industry is facing with COVID-19, ASA is holding a free one-hour, online Virtual Industry Professional Forum at Noon (Eastern)/11 a.m. (Central)/10 a.m. (Mountain)/9 a.m. (Pacific) on Wednesday, May 6.
According to ASA President/Executive Director Ray Fisher, discussion will include:
- A review of results from the ASA Stimulus & Business (S&B) Surveys collected Wednesday, April 22.
- Information will include:
- The percentage of people who applied for Payroll Protection Program (PPP), the percentage of people who were approved for PPP, and the percentage of people who were funded for PPP.
- The percentage of people who applied for Emergency Injury & Disaster Loan (EIDL), the percentage of people who were approved for EIDL, and the percentage of people who were funded for EIDL.
- Information will include:
- Review of your concerns noted in the S&B surveys, what has happened since, additional availabilities, and other tips.
- Current trends of the impact COVID-19 has had on the repair industry at the end of the first quarter and the beginning of the second quarter.
- Sharing common concerns and questions for discussion. We will also provide available answers to date.
- An update from ASA’s Washington, D.C. office of:
- What’s happened since we closed the survey,
- What to expect from the additional funding since,
- Discussion on what may happen this summer, and
- New issues that have arisen since.
After the presentation, there will be a question-and-answer session.
A large “virtual room” has been reserved because of anticipated interest. Members and non-members who responded to the ASA Stimulus & Business Surveys will be allowed to register first, then registration will be opened to the public 48 hours later for any remaining “seats” available.
The Automotive Service Association is the largest not-for-profit trade association of its kind dedicated to and governed by independent automotive service and collision repair professionals. ASA serves an international membership base that includes numerous state affiliate and chapter groups.
ASA advances professionalism and excellence in the automotive repair industry through education, representation and member services. To take advantage of the many benefits of membership in ASA, please visit ASAshop.org or call (817) 514-2901. Access our new mobile app by downloading on iPhone and Android devices. Also stay updated on industry topics by listening to the new ASA Podcast.