Kelley Blue Book: Top 10 car care tips
What’s the secret? Three words: maintenance, maintenance, maintenance.
“Nobody reads the owner’s manual. Pretty much to make it run that far it’s fluids, timing belts, maintenance by the book,” said Jim Moritz, global technical trainer for an international automotive tool and equipment manufacturing company.
(QUICKLY FIND AN ASA SHOP TO HELP YOU WITH THESE)
The Quick List
- Check the oil
- Fight sludge
- Timing belt replacement
- Check power steering fluid
- Transmission fluid replacement
- Radiator coolant flushing
- Top off brake fluid
- Transfer case maintenance
- Rotate your tires
- Have a clean engine air filter