GEICO’s tips on how to prepare before ‘The Hail’
GEICO wants to remind you that with some early preparation you could minimize the potential damage to your home and vehicles.
GEICO: 5 tips on how to prepare for hail
- Bring your animals inside.
- Trim trees and remove dead branches, especially those close to windows and skylights.
- Pick up debris and loose objects in the yard to minimize flying objects.
- Listen to your local weather station; often forecasters can predict when hail could be a factor.
- Put vehicles in garages or under some kind of shelter.
During the storm
- Simply seek shelter.
- Stay away from windows and remain indoors.
- Put as many walls as possible between you and the elements.
Historically, mountainous regions and high plains states are among the highest risk of hailstorms, and they include Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, and Wyoming.
Click the link to learn more about hail, safe driving in the heavy rain and GEICO’s Catastrophe Response Team. If you have a loss, please report it as quickly as possible, using GEICO Mobile, log in at GEICO.com or call (800) 841-3000 24 hours a day.