ASA Podcast (Episode 29): A/C compressor diagnosis tips
That’s particularly true when it comes to diagnosing modern compressors.
Listen in to hear Richard share how compressor design applies to diagnostics, along with important tips for A/C technicians to help in diagnosing air conditioning issues, including:
- The technical hotline resource available from 1-800-Radiator & A/C
- The difference between piston and scroll compressors
- How variable-displacement compressors differ from fixed-output types
- Understanding pressure readings based on compressor design
- Why working A/C compressors are often mis-diagnosed as failed
- The different types of pressure and electronic compressor control systems and how they work
- How often compressors are mis-diagnosed
- How to identify compressor types for an accurate diagnosis
Tony Molla, ASA’s vice president of industry relations, hosts Episode 29 of the ASA Podcast series.