Voting Open for 2013 National Election
The candidate profiled comprises the official ballot for the 2013 elections for the Automotive Service Association (ASA) national board of directors. All regular members in good standing with ASA are eligible to vote for one position of general director.
How to Vote: Election takes place using a touch-tone telephone or a secured website. All regular members of ASA who reside in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, may vote by calling (800) 868-3272 or online by visiting www.vres.us/asa.html. (International members should cast their votes using the secured website.) Members may vote anytime through Feb. 28, 2013, 5 p.m. C.S.T. Please note the following:
1) The candidate is unopposed.
2) Locate your six-digit member number and three-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) found on the mailing label of this issue or the January issue. The numbers are printed directly above your name and are enclosed by parentheses ( ). You must have these numbers to vote. You must also complete the entire voting process to register your vote.
3) Call (800) 868-3272 or point your Web browser to www.vres.us/asa.html. The voting line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A touch-tone phone or Internet access is required to vote. If you do not have a touch-tone phone or Internet access, call (800) 272-7467, ext. 361, for assistance between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. CST, Monday-Thursday.
4) After you access the voting line, you will be asked to enter your member number and the three-digit security code number. After you enter this information, you will be directed through the voting process. If at any time you experience a problem, please call (800) 272-7467, ext. 361, for assistance.
5) Do not attempt to mail this ballot. It has been included only to notify you of the candidate and his background. Like most electronic voting systems, the electronic voting process is designed to be simple, quick and easy to use.
Election results will be announced during the 2013 ASA annual business meeting with dates and location to be announced.
Candidate Spotlight: Gary M. Keyes, AAM
Business Name: E&M Motors Inc.
City, State: Stuart, Fla.
Years in Business: 29
ASA Member Since: 1985
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary M. Keyes, AAM, believes his desire to improve the image and professionalism of the industry, his willingness to work and his 40 years of experience in the industry – of which the past 29 have been as a shop owner – benefits his role as an ASA general director. “I have an absolute belief that I can contribute,” says Keyes. He has served ASA in numerous roles including president, vice president and treasurer of ASA-Florida Miami-Dade Chapter (1988-1995), as well as president of the ASA-Florida Treasure Coast Chapter (1999-2001) and member of the board of directors for ASA-Florida (1988-1995). He was also the recipient of the ASA-Florida Paragon Award in 1994. Keyes is currently serving as general director on the ASA national board for the 2011-2013 term. His industry memberships and affiliations include ASA, iATN, Delco TSS and Carquest CTI. He has been an ASE master technician since 1978 and currently serves on the Auto Technology Advisory Board for Martin County High School.
In his own words... “As a member of ASA for the past 29 years, I have gained a lot and met a lot of great people. I would like to have the opportunity to give some of that back to ASA and our industry. I am looking forward to serving on the board of directors for the next two years.”