These are just a few resources available to our industry:
• NASTF - National Automotive Service Task Force: Makes repair information, training and equipment available to our industry.
• CIECA - Collision Industry Electronic Commerce Association: Develops electronic commerce standards enabling estimating systems and management systems to communicate with each other and with other partners; i.e., insurance companies, rental cars, parts vendors and CSI vendors.
• I-CAR - Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Colli_sion Repair: Provides training for the collision repair industry and helps develop partnerships with OEMs.
• Collision Repair Education Foundation (formerly I-CAR Education Foundation): Provides opportunities to secondary and postsecondary schools helping develop a new generation of technicians.
• Database Task Force: Working with database providers to maintain fair and honest intelligence.
• AMI - The Automotive Management Institute (AMI) provides management education for the automotive service and collision repair industry.
• DEG - Database Enhancement Gateway: Identifies database errors and reports back to database providers.
• WIN - Women's Industry Network: A woman's network and resource to help develop, recognize and support women in the many aspects of the automotive industry.
• CIC - Collision Industry Conference: A platform to discuss industry issues in which ASA staffers and volunteers participate on behalf of our membership.
• NABC - National Auto Body Council: NABC's mission is to develop and implement programs and activities to enhance the image of the collision repair industry.
• SkillsUSA: ASA is active in helping set up and judge the National Skills competition where the industry's future estimators, service writers and technicians showcase their skills.
From the association's volunteer leadership to its staffers, this is a small sample of ASA's commitment to our membership. ASA continues to be the industry's conduit in disseminating the availability of information, technology, resources and equipment, and in the development of future technicians. ASA staffers and volunteers are always happy to answer any questions you may have on the various organizations and encourage you to participate.