Shop Site of the Month
Pella Car Care - Pella, Iowa
Getting out all your messages is a challenge with a website. The home page has a limited amount of premium-viewing area. But Pella Car Care solves that problem with a simple slideshow at the top of the page that does the job without slowing down its site's performance. We especially liked the slideshow graphic that included the logos and badges of all the cars they work on - great idea!
Nominate your shop's site for a Net Worth profile. E-mail your Web site address to email@example.com.
Web Wise: Reasons to Redesign
Designing - and redesigning - your company's website is serious business. In most cases, your online presence is the first impression you'll make on a potential new customer, and with Web technology and standards expanding exponentially, it's critical your online presentation stays in step with the times. But how do you know when it's time to redesign? Here are my five top reasons:
1. Outdated content. How old are the pictures on your site? When was the last time you updated your services page, your staff page, or even your home page? If your content doesn't reflect what a customer will see walking in your door, it's time to revamp.
2. Still using a Flash-based intro page. They were all the rage a few years back, but people want to get to the information they seek. They'll likely blow right by your expensive investment to get it, too. And let's be honest, placing that "Skip Intro" button in the corner only reaffirms how unimportant your 20-second movie really is to them.
3. Poor page ranking in search engine results. If you are stuck back on page six of results in a normal locality-based search, it's time to get to work on your search engine optimization (SEO). Pulling your rank out of the basement is going to take some hard work, so enlist professionals who understand your business and your needs.
4. You cannot make changes to your site yourself. Not that you necessarily need to be making the changes, but with today's technology, your site should be built on some kind of content management system (CMS) that will allow anyone - pro or novice - to make updates when needed. When your site's content is outdated or incorrect, you are sending the wrong message to your customers.
5. Your site has a high bounce rate. Do people come to your site and leave immediately without visiting any other pages? If so, it might signal that what they are seeking isn't available on the page they visited. Again, this is a problem best addressed working with professionals.
So, how did you do? Is it time to make a change? Assess your site's needs now, and next month we'll talk about blunders you should avoid when redesigning your website.
ASA Web Ways: AMI Sports Fresh New Look
The Automotive Management Institute (AMI) recently relaunched its online presence, www.amionline.org, with a fresh look, bold graphics and a user-friendly design that makes the most of the organization's strengths.
Check out the new online store, where you can purchase self-study classes and webinars to help you finish your AAM designation. Or visit the new course and event calendar, designed to give you an at-a-glance look at upcoming AMI-accredited classes available in your area. Last, don't forget to stop by the transcript section, where you can update your personal information and print certificates for the courses you've completed.
A clear majority (55 percent) of online video viewers say the accompanying ads are just as acceptable as television ads.
AutoInc. Web Site |
ASA Web Site |
Social Web for the Repair Shop: 10 To-Dos |
Energy, Climate Legislation Stalls in Senate |
Leiby Named ASA's Top Recruiter, Chairman's Club Winner for 2010 |
ASA's Marketplace Comes to Life at ASRW |
New Town Hall Further Explores Collision Industry Issue |
Kelly McDonald to Speak at ASRW Opening General Session |
Work First, Then Play! |
What Would You Do? |
Tech to Tech |
Tech Tips |
News Briefs |
Around ASA |
Net Worth |
Members' Advantage |
Chairman's Message |
Copyright (c) 1996-2011. Automotive Service Association®. All rights reserved.