New Town Hall Further Explores
Collision Industry Issue
Created especially for collision repair professionals, an official NACE Town Hall meeting will be held during Automotive Service & Repair Week (ASRW) on Wednesday, Oct. 13, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sponsored by ASA, this event will be a platform to discuss the use of aftermarket parts. ASRW is scheduled for Oct. 10-13 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas and includes NACE and CARS.
The panel discussion - "Is Certification the Best Aftermarket Parts Policy for Consumers and Repairers?" - will include various industry segments and entities that have (or plan to establish) parts certification programs. The program will focus on these key questions:
• What does parts certification mean to consumers and repairers?
• Has parts certification been effective to date?
• What should determine whether a parts certification program works or not?
• With multiple parts certification programs in place and more in the developmental stage, does this hurt or enhance the effectiveness of certification? Where does the proliferation of these programs stop?
• Would consumers and repairers benefit from a single parts certification program versus multiple programs?
• Should state governments and/or the federal government be involved in parts certification? Why or why not?
Tickets are $40, include a box lunch and are available in the online attendee registration systems for NACE and CARS.
"There's no bigger debate in collision repair right now, than aftermarket parts," says Ron Pyle, ASA president and chief staff executive. "As the pulse of the industry, we realized we needed to allot extra time for this important discussion at NACE."
AutoInc. Web Site |
ASA Web Site |
Social Web for the Repair Shop: 10 To-Dos |
Energy, Climate Legislation Stalls in Senate |
Leiby Named ASA's Top Recruiter, Chairman's Club Winner for 2010 |
ASA's Marketplace Comes to Life at ASRW |
New Town Hall Further Explores Collision Industry Issue |
Kelly McDonald to Speak at ASRW Opening General Session |
Work First, Then Play! |
What Would You Do? |
Tech to Tech |
Tech Tips |
News Briefs |
Around ASA |
Net Worth |
Members' Advantage |
Chairman's Message |