ASA's Collision Tools Make Shop Management More Efficient
Now more than ever, shops need to work smarter in doing business. If you haven't looked at ASA's great Collision Toolbox of resources lately, here is a quick summary of tools that are available to make your everyday jobs more manageable, not to mention, more profitable!
- Quarter Panel Refinish Operations flier - In this tool, an extensive checklist of refinish operations is provided to the repairer to make sure they are charging for the work performed.
- Included, Non-Included Refinish Operations checklist - When it comes to refinishing a component or multiple components, no matter what database you use or are comparing your work to, take into consideration this list of operations.
- Raw vs. Primed Bumper Covers flier - Use this tool to explain proper refinish procedures to insurance partners comparing raw bumper covers to primed bumper covers.
- Repaired vs. New Panel flier - Use this tool to explain basic refinish procedures for repaired vs. new panels. Flier shows the additional steps involved in a repaired panel and how that translates into more time.
- LKQ vs. New Panel flier - Compare basic refinish procedures for LKQ vs. new panels and how LKQ panels contain 114 percent more steps than new panels.
- Blend vs. New Panel flier - Compare basic refinish procedures for blend vs. new panels. List of steps involved in both set of procedures for a side-by-side comparison.
- My Refinish Time flier - Basecoat reductions and zone refinish for repaired panels worksheet. Use the "My Repaired Panel" chart to figure your specific times and compare to zone refinish deductions. Excel or pdf formats.
- Customizable Supplement Forms - ASA's Collision Division Insurance Subcommittee has created a form to help collision repair professionals communicate with their local insurance representatives regarding job supplements. An electronic, as well as hard-copy form, is available for your convenience.
- Gross Profit Calculator - ASA's Collision Division Estimating Subcommittee has created a business financial tool to help collision repair professionals to better understand their profit margins. Excel format.
- Stripe Damage Tools 1 and 2 - Under the leadership of Carroll Proctor of A.C. Proctor's Paint & Body Inc., in Augusta, Ga., ASA's Collision Division has created two Stripe Damage Sheets to assist repairers in photographing and documenting subtle and minute finish flaws and small dents on vehicles. Similar to others being distributed around the industry, the ASA Stripe Damage Sheets are designed for use during the photographic process to help document damage on a vehicle for insurance companies and estimators.
Tools Available to Members Only
All of these tools are available in the Members Only section of the ASA Web site, www.ASAshop.org. To access the site, enter your six-digit member number found on the mailing label of this issue of AutoInc.
AutoInc. Web Site |
ASA Web Site |
Health Care Debate Draws in Antitrust Reform |
Here Soon: New Oil Standards |
<ASA's Collision Tools Make Shop Management More Efficient |
Serviceability's Changing: Will You Survive? |
The Changing Face of Your Competition |
AMI Announces NACE, CARS Scholarship Winners |
Tech to Tech |
Tech Tips |
News Briefs |
Taking the Hill |
Around ASA |
Net Worth |
Members' Advantage |