What Has Helped the Most
Sometimes I look back and wonder what has helped me make my business successful.
I think it was:
• The way I grew up. Hard work, strong family support, a good God-fearing base.
• Serving in the Army, which provided me with a lot of training in leadership.
• The time I worked for other shops, acquiring the skills they afforded me.
• As I've said before, people introducing me to ASA!
• And most important of all, reading and abiding by ASA's Code of Ethics. I promise you: If you truly subscribe to all of its business practices, your business can't help but be successful!
The industry has great respect for ASA's Code of Ethics.
Do you let customers know about our Code of Ethics? Is it posted where they can read it? If it isn't, do so. Use it in your advertising, too. It will make consumers feel good about you and trust your shop.
Lastly, I urge you to read it again and to especially remember the last business practice included in ASA's Code of Ethics: "To uphold the integrity of all members of the Automotive Service Association."
AutoInc. Web Site |
ASA Web Site |
Health Care Debate Draws in Antitrust Reform |
Here Soon: New Oil Standards |
<ASA's Collision Tools Make Shop Management More Efficient |
Serviceability's Changing: Will You Survive? |
The Changing Face of Your Competition |
AMI Announces NACE, CARS Scholarship Winners |
Tech to Tech |
Tech Tips |
News Briefs |
Taking the Hill |
Around ASA |
Net Worth |
Members' Advantage |
Copyright (c) 1996-2011. Automotive Service Association®. All rights reserved.