ASA Web Site Celebrates 10th Anniversary
By Karin White
It's hard to believe, but ASA's Web site, www.asashop.org, just celebrated its 10th birthday in late 2005. That means the Web site was started in 1996 when the average price of gasoline was $1.30 a gallon, "Independence Day" was the highest grossing movie of the year, and Atlanta was host to the summer Olympics.
The Web site has grown phenomenally since then. Here are some interesting statistics about ASA's Web site that you may not have known:
- Today, visitors stay on our site approximately eight minutes per visit. In 2000, guests remained on the site about 10.5 minutes per visit. With information easier to find, and a friendly layout, visitors can access information more quickly and exit the site more promptly.
- In October 2005, the number of hits for the year totaled 2,120,191, an incredible increase from 2000 at 648,041. This represents a growth of 45 percent per year over five years.
- "User session" tracks each user's IP address, no matter how many pages are visited within the Web site. User sessions for October 2005 were 176,854, as compared to October 2004 at 118,360, which is a growth of 58,494 or 49 percent.
- The page view counter in October 2005 tracked 269,369 pages viewed and 110,439 in October 2004. That is an increase of 158,930 and relates to a 144 percent jump in page views.
- New to the ASA Web site in 2005 was the enhanced online shop locator service. Motorists can easily search for an ASA business within a 20-mile radius of their location, vastly improving the search capabilities of ASA's previous shop locator. The "Find Nearest ASA Shop" locator service is one of many benefits of ASA membership. The shop locator generates about 156,000 maps per month.
Let's see where the next 10 years take us on the Information Superhighway!
Stat Corner is written by Karin White, ASA's research and project specialist. She can be reached at (800) 272-7467, ext. 252, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
AutoInc. Web Site |
ASA Web Site |
You Can Make a Difference in Automotive Repair Policy |
AutoInc's Annual Top 10 Automotive Web Sites |
OEM Web Sites: Overcoming Your Greatest Fears |
Hot and Ready: Vegetable Oil Used to Fuel Cars |
How Automotive Networks Are Configured |
Don't You Quit! |
Guest Editorial |
Tech to Tech |
Tech Tips |
News Briefs |
Taking the Hill |
Around ASA |
Shop Profile |
Net Worth |
Stat Corner |